Who We Are
The Mikisew Cree First Nation (Mikisew) has lived on the ancestral lands of the Athabasca Delta and Wood Buffalo National Park in northeastern Alberta since time immemorial. The lives of our members are linked to the land and to a close understanding of traditions, history, and a natural way of life. Many of our members live in the hamlet of Fort Chipewyan, and our traditional lands range over a large portion of Athabasca oil sands deposits. For nearly 30 years, Mikisew Group, our wholly owned business arm, has worked toward the long-term, sustainable economic progress of our Nation and its members through employment and significant investments in education, training, social programs and infrastructure.
Mikisew Cree First Nation is seeking a full time Health Care Aide to start immediately. This position will be responsible for playing a crucial role in the personalized care for our Seniors Care residents. You will be responsible for assisting with activities of daily living, ensuring the well-being and comfort of the residents.
- Assist residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, grooming, and toileting.
- Administer medications as per the care plan and report any adverse reactions.
- Monitor and record vital signs, such as blood pressure, pulse, and temperature.
- Assist in transferring and positioning residents to promote mobility and prevent bedsores.
- Provide emotional support and companionship to residents.
- Collaborate with the healthcare team to develop and implement care plans.
- Maintain a clean and organized living environment for residents.
- Observe and report any changes in the residents’ physical or emotional condition.
- Promote positive and effective work atmosphere to encourage highest standards possible.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Experience working in a health care support role specifically with Seniors would be an asset.
- Valid Standard First Aid with CPR.
- Valid certification as a Health Care Aide or Personal Support Worker.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Compassionate and patient-centered approach to care.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently.
- Must be physically fit to perform all duties of the position.
- Must be dedicated to exceptional external and internal guest service.
- Proven decision-making ability.
- Ability to interact professionally with customers and co-workers.
- Strong focus on safety and quality of work.
- Possess valid Class 5 AB driver’s license and own or access to a vehicle.
- Willingness and ability to work in Fort Chipewyan.
- Willingness and ability to work after hours and/or weekends when required.
- Willing to work flexible schedule.
- Must provide and possess a clear criminal record vulnerable sector check.
- Ability to speak and/or understand the Cree language (or another applicable First Nation language) would be beneficial.
- This position is in Fort Chipewyan Alberta.
How to Apply
If you or someone you know is interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is, until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all who apply but we will only be contacting those selected for an interview. Thank you!