DEPARTMENT: MCFN – Child and Family Service REPORTING TO: Child and Family Service Consultant
DURATION: Full-Time LOCATION: Edmonton, AB
Mikisew Cree First Nation (MCFN) is currently seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to join the Child and Family Service team in Edmonton, AB. MCFN is a Woodland Cree, Treaty 8 First Nation. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing dedicated administrative support to the MCFN Child and Family Service Department and has a high degree of public contact and has strong problem-solving skills.
- Manage and maintain the Child and Family Service departments administrative tasks.
- Prepares and edits correspondence, communications, presentations, and other documents.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality on all matters relating to the affairs of the MCFN.
- Set up and maintain manual/computerized information filing system.
- File and retrieve documents and reference materials.
- Conduct research, analyze data to prepare reports and documents.
- Co-ordinates timesheets for the team.
- Arrange and coordinate meetings and events.
- Record, transcribe and distribute meeting agendas, minutes of meetings.
- Continuous updating of office practices, workload indicators and summaries.
- Purchases gifts for delegations/special events and office supplies.
- Creates templates, spreadsheets, forms, posters, and power point presentations as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent of education and experience. Post secondary diploma in Administration would be considered an asset.
- 3-5 years of providing administrative support is considered an asset.
- Must be able to always maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have good organizational skills, attention to detail and able to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer software including Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of the Cree language and traditions is a definite asset.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license.
Deadline to apply is 5:00pm MST, November 30, 2021
Please submit your resume and cover letter, by email, in confidence to
Attention: Human Resources email@example.com
We thank all applicants but only those selected will be contacted for an interview.