DEPARTMENT: MCFN – Administration REPORTING TO: Various Supervisors
DURATION: Full-Time (1 year term) LOCATION: Fort Chipewyan, AB or Fort McMurray, AB
The Mikisew Cree First Nation (MCFN) is currently seeking candidates to fill 2 trainee positions in the areas of Finance, Human Resources and/or Community Services. The preferred location of work is Fort Chipewyan, AB however due to the housing availability, Fort McMurray, AB is being considered as an alternate location. Please indicate which trainee position you are interested when applying.
We are seeking motivated and multitask-oriented individuals who work well in a team environment. The individuals must be able to interact with staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
The ideal candidates will be pursuing or have completed post secondary education related to the area and have strong computer literacy including effective working skills of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook, be a self-starter who can relate to a broad range of people, takes direction well and can work with minimal supervision, has a commitment to continuous improvement and personal development.
- Completion of certificate, diploma, or degree in accounting and/or business.
- Work with the Accounting team to execute full cycle bookkeeping for MCFN (e.g. administer payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, month-end reconciliations and related government remittances, audits and WCB).
- Assist with reporting templates, project out turns (verify against budgets), inventory tracking and other administrative planning as assigned.
- Complete bank reconciliations
- Interact with clients and contractors; assist with business and banking setup
- Assist with year-end preparations, T4s, and ROEs
- Completion of certificate, diploma, or degree in human resource and/or business.
- Aspiration to obtain a Chartered Professionals in Human Resources (CPHR) designation is an asset.
- Work with the HR team to execute annual HR processes for MCFN (e.g. recruitment, total rewards, performance management, training and development, employee relations and workforce development).
- Assist with reporting and other administrative planning as assigned.
- Respond to HR inquiries from employees and managers.
- Assist with internal communications.
- Ensure employees adhere to all health and safety regulations, including MCFN policies.
- Completion of post secondary education in Adult Education, Career Counselling or equivalent.
- Work with the Operations and Community Services team to implement community development programs in a fair, open and equitable manger for MCFN (e.g. Student Services, Social Development and Employment & Training).
- Assist with administration, planning, delivery, payments, and case management.
- Assist with year end reporting to the government for the various programs.
- Back up coverage for Community Services Coordinators.
- Liaison with MCFN community members
Position(s) will remain open until filled.
If you are interested in one of these trainee positions, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources email@example.com
We thank all applicants but only those selected will be contacted for an interview.