DEPARTMENT: MCFN – Health REPORTING TO: Health Director
DURATION: Full-Time, Temporary Employee (1 year) LOCATION: Fort McMurray, AB
Mikisew Cree First Nation (MCFN) is currently seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join the Health Department to assist with Health Promotion and Covid-19 related activities. The position may require occasional travel to Fort Chipewyan, AB.
We are seeking a motivated and multitask-oriented individual who is flexible and works well in a team environment. This individual must be able to interact with staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient. This is a full-time salaried position based on a 37.5 hour work week.
- Assists with the planning and coordination of the activities of health promotion and COVID-19 response planning for the community.
- Works with the Health team to create resources for multiple audiences.
- Use health promotion expertise and experience to advocate prevention.
- Engage with the Health Director and staff to schedule travel into communities to conduct health and wellness awareness campaigns.
- Work Ethics adhering to the expectations with the Employee Code of Ethics/ Oath of Confidentiality.
- Other duties as required.
- Graduation from a recognized post-secondary Licensed Practical Nurse program
- Current registration in good standing with CLPNA
- Pass a criminal/vulnerable sector record check
- Strong communication skills, time management, critical thinker and problem solver.
- Dependable and in good physical and mental health
- Knowledge of cross-cultural nursing
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Position will remain open until filled.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, by email, in confidence to
Attention: Human Resources email@example.com
We thank all applicants but only those selected will be contacted for an interview. Preference will be given to qualified applicants of Indigenous ancestry in any hiring decision, please declare your Indigenous status in your application.