Mikisew Cree First Nation is looking for a qualified LPN to join the Elders Care. The successful candidate will collaborate with health members to provide comprehensive care and support to patients and families. The LPN works to the full scope of the practice in providing safe, quality care in accordance with established standards and the Mission, Vision, Values and policies and procedures of Mikisew Cree First Nation. The LPN is a member of the care team who uses the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation) within the framework of the standards of practice of the Licensed Practical Nurse of Alberta and the policies and procedures of the MCFN, to facilitate those residents receive optimum care to aid in their recovery, to achieve their maximum independence, provide a secure, comfortable home-like environment. The Licensed Practical facilitates communication between the resident, family, and other health care professional to ensure quality care for the Elders.
- Medication Assistance with dispensing of prescribed medications and documentation of all medications reordering as needed.
- Meal Planning/ collaboration with Dietician and Cook to their specific needs and to ensure all residents receive healthy food choices as per the Canada Food Guide.
- Reporting observe and reporting any behavioral changes or conditions with the residents or any incidents involving residents within the Care Plan to the Professional staff.
- Assess and provide treatments and make referrals.
- Prevent/treat injury/illness.
- Complete initial and ongoing assessments of residents and patients.
- Documents patient care observations and activities according to professional standards and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding patient and business functions of the facility.
- Collaboration with professional staff such as Nunee Health Center and Alberta Health Services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- LPN experience
- IV therapy experience would be considered an asset.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in an LPN or similar role.
- Knowledge of First Nations communities.
- Proven experience in building working relationships with First Nations communities and partners.
- Possess a valid Class 5 AB driver’s license and own or access to a vehicle.
- Clear Drivers Abstract.
- Willingness and ability to work after hours and/or weekends when required.
- Successful completion of First Aid.
- Willing to work flexible schedule.
- Must provide and possess a clear criminal record vulnerable sector check.
- Ability to speak and/or understand the Cree language (or another applicable First Nation language) would be beneficial.
- This position is in Fort Chipewyan, Alberta.