DEPARTMENT: MCFN – Health REPORTING TO: Health Program Manager
DURATION: Full-Time, 1 Year Temporary Employment LOCATION: Fort McMurray, AB
The Mikisew Cree First Nation (MCFN) is currently seeking a one-year temporary employee to fill the position of Health Program Coordinator. Reporting to the Health Director, the Health Program Coordinator will be responsible for assisting with the effective execution of the MCFN Health Department strategic plan and projects.
We are seeking a motivated and multitask-oriented individual who is flexible and works well in a team environment. This individual must be able to interact with staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient. This is a full-time salaried position based on a 37.5 hour work week.
- Plans and co-ordinates the Health Department activities for the MCFN community.
- Assembles and develops health promotion material for education and/or administrative purposes and distributes as required.
- Works with the Health team to create resources for multiple audiences.
- Use health promotion expertise and experience.
- Receives and assesses information from other departments and staff and/or refers to the most appropriate person.
- Analyze effectiveness of health promotion initiatives and report on progress internally.
- Demonstrate professionalism and accountability by maintaining client and community confidentiality and completing the required documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of post-secondary education in a health-related field.
- Previous work experience in public health and/or office administration experience is considered an asset.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, E-mail, and PowerPoint).
- Must have good organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the Cree language an asset.
- Able to work under pressure with competing demands.
- Valid class 5 drivers license.
Position will remain open until filled.
Please submit your resume and cover letter, by email, in confidence to
Attention: Human Resources email@example.com
We thank all applicants but only those selected will be contacted for an interview. Preference will be given to qualified applicants of Indigenous ancestry in any hiring decision, please declare your Indigenous status in your application.