Custodian (Finance and Administration Building)
Who We Are
The Mikisew Cree First Nation (Mikisew) has lived on the ancestral lands of the Athabasca Delta and Wood Buffalo National Park in northeastern Alberta since time immemorial. The lives of our members are linked to the land and to a close understanding of traditions, history and a natural way of life. Many of our members live in the hamlet of Fort Chipewyan, and our traditional lands range over a large portion of Athabasca oil sands deposits. For nearly 30 years, Mikisew Group, our wholly-owned business arm, has worked toward the long-term, sustainable economic progress of our Nation and its members through employment and significant investments in education, training, social programs, and infrastructure.
We are currently looking to hire a Custodian for the Finance and Administration building This opportunity will be a full-time position and is ideal for an experienced cleaner to help support the cleanliness of the department.
Who You Are
We are currently seeking a Custodian for Mikisew’s Finance and Administration Building. This cleaner will be responsible for cleaning all the common areas and offices. This is a full-time position.
- Ensuring spaces are prepared for the next day by taking out the trash, tidying furniture, and dusting surfaces.
- Sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming
- Disinfecting and sanitizing common areas, especially during times of increased health
- Create a cleaning schedule for the Finance and Administration Building
- Washing and sanitizing toilets and sinks and restocking
- Wipe mirrors, windows, and
- Utilize insecticides to prevent infestation by dangerous
- Remove garbage and recycle daily and prepare bins for weekly pick-
- Handle emergency cleaning and upkeep
- Report major damages, submit work orders, and oversee repairs,
- Secure facilities after operating hours by locking doors, closing windows, and setting up the alarm.
- Undertake occasional shoveling snow from the sidewalk, lifting heavy items, moving chairs etc.
- Order cleaning
- Other duties as Provides support with coordinating and managing all activities.
- Highly responsible and
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends if
- Ability to work under minimal
- Strong attention to detail
- Possess a valid Class 5 AB driver’s license and own or access to a vehicle
- Willingness and ability to travel to Fort Chipewyan as
- Willingness and ability to work after hours and/or weekends when
- Willingness to submit to an oath of
- Must provide and possess a clear criminal record vulnerable sector
- Ability to speak and/or understand the Cree language (or another applicable First Nation language) would be beneficial.
How to Apply
If you or someone you know is interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all who apply, but we will only be contacting those selected for an interview. Thank you!